Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My first tennis junior team


On January 12, I went to a Junior Tennis Team in Elk Grove.  This was my first time going to this team.  I got there at 1:30 and it was the most embarrassing time of my life.  I saw my tennis coach and asked him where I should go, and he said go where all the other kids are.  I looked around and saw that there were hundreds of them.  They were all exercising.  My tennis coach told me to go and exercise with them.  Finally we all separated into 3 different groups.  I was in the regular tennis ball group.  I felt so embarrassed because I was new and I didn't know anybody.  When I entered the court, everyone just stared at me.  I just wished that the tennis team had ended already.    When we were ranked, I was placed last place.  I was the worst out of all of them.  But fortunately, I made one friend.  We first warmed up, stretched, and then we went onto to practicing doing our forehand, backhand, and serving.  Next, I played matches against two people.  One of the people was named Josh.  I missed every serve and missed every shot.  Unfortunately I lost both of them.  The first score of the game was 1-4 and the second score of the game was 4-6.  We I finished my matches, I played against random people.  Finally my mom came to pick me up at 3:30.  This was a good experience for me and I know I will get better.  Practice makes perfect!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It can be really hard to go somewhere and not know anyone, especially when you have to play in front of people. You have a good attitude though. Everyone has to start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry if you are not good at tennis right now. It is a hard sport to learn and play, but over time you will get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete